Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jeez I Hate Judith Warner


There are certainly many things of which I’m rather proud, but one of my favorites is my ability to take umbrage with just about anything I read and then wallow in a bit of cynicism just long enough for it to gestate into a full-blown fit of righteous indignation. Then, if all goes well, that righteous indignation will fuel a finely crafted missive of social commentary that’s rife with pithy insights and withering volleys of logic so elegant that any reader can’t help but be convinced that I am, in short, Right.

This, however, is not one of those days.

Suffice to say that it’s almost Christmas and I’ve got a little too much on my plate at the moment to get up a full head of steam over Warner and her latest bit of misanthropic twaddle. Luckily enough though, the ecosystem of Warner-hating is so rich and varied that anything I had to add would mostly likely be superfluous anyway.

So anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

(…And if by any chance you happen to be one of the many who appreciate Warner, then good for you and don’t mind me. Perhaps it’s the At-Home-Dad in me that over-reacts to her. And hey, at least she’s no worse than dipwads Charlie LeDuff and Austin Murphy. Merry Christmas again!)

No comments: