Friday, December 26, 2008

Merrrrrrry Christmas!


There’s a lot to be said for the holiday season. Who, after all, doesn’t enjoy shopping for and wrapping unnecessary yet totally fun toys and goodies, spending time with friends and family that we don’t get to see often enough, and then sitting down to a big Christmas dinner that’s as indefensibly extravagant as it is delicious? I do. Really.


I know of course that there are those who would frame the same events very differently; for some it's more like: Schlepping around to spend money on unnecessary junk, mandatory close proximity to family they usually avoid like the flu, and then yet another awkward meal spent trying to force down over-cooked ham while ignoring drunk aunt Marge and her yapping Pekingese.


I, however, am lucky enough to have great friends and family, so our holidays trend towards the former rather than the latter.- (And a good thing too, because I’m pretty sure I’m allergic to Pekinese. And I know I’m allergic to Aunt Marge.)- Anyway, as well as all the other fun we have, part of our Christmas break is usually spent re-watching the boy’s favorite tube-clogging holiday vids, including my personal fave, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra-holiday-house video.


So sure, you’ve seen it a thousand times, but just on the off chance that you haven’t had your fill of it yet, here ya go. Happy holidays.



1 comment:

Paula said...

I'm just happy I get a 4-day break from lawyers! Well, except for my husband. And Dave. And... Hey, how 'bout that eggnog?