Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rip Van... Hey There, What's Up?




It’s May already? Jeez, how did that happen? Good lord, I feel just a little bit like Rip Van Winkle after a particularly epic bender. Well, I guess his thing was that he was just a lazy bastard who was hiding from his wife, and rather than whisky my thing is that I’ve actually been busy for a change.

Sure, I’ve been occupied at home keeping up with the boys and house all along, but I’ve actually been getting paid a little bit to write lately so I must admit that the urge to grace this little space with my unique brand of staggeringly insightful and amusing bon mots has waned. Or then again I might just be running out of steam.

Nope… I’ll have none of that. So then, in the next day or two I’ll be gearing up for a little story about our first Yankee game in the new stadium, and I have an absolutely original anecdote about how irritating teenagers can be. Really! Teenagers = exasperating! Whoda thunk? And since I’m obviously the first parent to experience such a thing I’ll be sharing like there’s no tomorrow.

Have a nice day!

No comments: