Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving. But Not Too Much.



So here we stand at the threshold of the Holiday Season. The leaves are finally falling, the turkey has arrived fresh from the chopping block having been separated from its head, and I’m sharpening up my can opener in preparation for one of my favorite time honored rituals: the annual Releasing Of The Cranberries. Woo hoo!

Well not really, but I was having a hard time making the whole thing sound more exiting than it actually is. Either way though, what this means to you is that you won’t find any maudlin, bittersweet Thanksgiving stories here. Nope, I’ve read a few of those on the blogs today, and there’ll be none of that here.

So have a good Thanksgiving, but remember, don’t go getting all mushy about what you have to be thankful for. It’s unseemly. Bye!

,

No comments: